Keeping Your Pet Healthy from One Year to the Next
There are a variety of services that fit under the pet wellness care umbrella; in fact, much of the general care your pet will receive during their lifetime constitutes wellness care. At our animal hospital in Clifton Park, this includes:
- A comprehensive physical exam
- Discussion about your pet’s nutrition/diet recommendations
- Parasite testing (blood and fecal)
- Urine testing (if needed)
- Parasite treatments and preventatives
- Monitoring weight gain/loss in comparison with previous visit
- Spaying and neutering can also count as a wellness service, since they prevent certain diseases and infections from developing, thus helping pets live longer
Wellness Care and Pet Exams for Puppies and Kittens
Senior Pet Care
Parasites are more than pests; they can spread disease or cause allergic reactions in pets. Common parasitic conditions include:
- Heartworm disease – heartworms are transmitted by infected mosquitoes, and travel through the bloodstream to your pet’s heart. They can greatly weaken the heart and even shorten the life of your pet if not treated quickly.
- Lyme disease – transmitted by ticks
- Flea allergy dermatitis – caused by flea bites
Hookworms, roundworms, and tapeworms can also wreak havoc on your pet’s internal systems. A fecal test can indicate whether your pet has any of these parasites. We carry a number of high-quality parasite preventatives here at our hospital, and will be happy to recommend the best ones for your pet to keep them parasite- and disease-free.
To find out more about our pet wellness care services or to schedule a wellness visit, call us at (518) 383-6254.